Liberty Sisterhood is re-launching with fresh vision and focus on Friday, September 14th at 8pm.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
You may be wondering, â€śWhat is Liberty Sisterhood?â€ť Well in essence, itâ€™s theÂ community of women in our church gathering together in strength, taking our time andÂ place in history to be all that weâ€™re called to be. Liberty Sisterhood is not an â€śeventâ€ťÂ or â€śladies meetingâ€ť but a movement of women determined to live out Godâ€™s purposeÂ for our lives on earth.
A year ago whilst on vacation, I felt the Spirit of God whisper to me: â€śCountless womenÂ have gone before you…they have paved a way, carved out a path…they have stood forÂ Salvation, Truth, Justice & Freedom. Now it’s your turn.â€ť
So on September 14th, the women of our church are going to throw a huge â€śCAUSEâ€ťÂ party, with food & live musicÂ that will truly move yourÂ heart to â€śtake your turnâ€ť on the earth. We will be shouting out the Liberty Sisterhood “Declaration” as we partner with Children’s CupÂ to provide full year scholarships to send kids to school and aid in stopping theÂ cycle of poverty.
We came to understand the mission of Children’s Cup when my husband Paul visited Zimbabwe last year. His heart was broken and movedÂ to action as he met children who couldnâ€™t go to school because of poverty. Where theÂ stark contrast for us here in New York City is that our childrenâ€™s education is excellent, free and easily accessible by walking around the block from our home in a safe neighborhood. He even heard storiesÂ of children who would prostitute themselves just to come up with the funds to go toÂ school.
We as Liberty Church, Liberty City and Liberty Sisterhood will be focusing onÂ this specific cause together in September. Each Scholarship is $150 and will be put intoÂ a scholarship fund and distributed to the children in need. So lets gather with our friendsÂ and see what together we can do.
Childrenâ€™s CupÂ has a holistic approach for these beautifulÂ children. Itâ€™s not just to educate them, but they feed them, give them medical care,Â disciple them in Christ and train them as leaders. What we are giving to is so muchÂ more than just an education.
Tickets will be on sale as of Sunday, September 2nd for $15 per person at church and online. It will cover all costs, including food, rentals and gifts (yes, youÂ get a gift!). Also a portion of the proceeds will go to Children’s Cup. SO GETÂ IN QUICK BECAUSE THE TICKETS WILL GO FAST!!! Dress is â€ścome as youÂ areâ€ť… so work clothes, to cocktail, to vintage, to casual. Just be yourself. We are meeting atÂ 359 Broadway #2 between Franklin & Leonard.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
Hope to see you all there!!!
email: [email protected]
P.S. if you are STILL wonderingÂ who we are as the Liberty Sisterhood and what this is all about, read this…Â It is our declaration.
Liberty Sisterhood Declaration…Â
- We are a community of healthy, strong, tender, fierce, focused and free women who know who we are in Christ.Â
- We are a community of women who live on purposeÂ withÂ purpose who will accomplish every ounce of what God has called us to do.Â
- We are a community of women determined to be the hands and feet of Jesus to a lost and dying world… Carriers of truth, freedom and LOVE.
- We are a community of women united as one, believing the best in one another, and committed to pray for one another as we walk through every season of life together.Â
- We are a community of women who realize we are a part of a bigger global picture of women across the earth who are rising up in strength and taking their place.
- We are a community of women who recognize that countless women have gone before us and paved a way… So now itâ€™s our turn…