Liberty Sisterhood is re-launching with fresh vision and focus on Friday, September 14th at 8pm.
You may be wondering, “What is Liberty Sisterhood?” Well in essence, it’s the community of women in our church gathering together in strength, taking our time and place in history to be all that we’re called to be. Liberty Sisterhood is not an “event” or “ladies meeting” but a movement of women determined to live out God’s purpose for our lives on earth.
A year ago whilst on vacation, I felt the Spirit of God whisper to me: “Countless women have gone before you…they have paved a way, carved out a path…they have stood for Salvation, Truth, Justice & Freedom. Now it’s your turn.”
So on September 14th, the women of our church are going to throw a huge “CAUSE” party, with food & live music that will truly move your heart to “take your turn” on the earth. We will be shouting out the Liberty Sisterhood “Declaration” as we partner with Children’s Cup to provide full year scholarships to send kids to school and aid in stopping the cycle of poverty.
We came to understand the mission of Children’s Cup when my husband Paul visited Zimbabwe last year. His heart was broken and moved to action as he met children who couldn’t go to school because of poverty. Where the stark contrast for us here in New York City is that our children’s education is excellent, free and easily accessible by walking around the block from our home in a safe neighborhood. He even heard stories of children who would prostitute themselves just to come up with the funds to go to school.
We as Liberty Church, Liberty City and Liberty Sisterhood will be focusing on this specific cause together in September. Each Scholarship is $150 and will be put into a scholarship fund and distributed to the children in need. So lets gather with our friends and see what together we can do.
Children’s Cup has a holistic approach for these beautiful children. It’s not just to educate them, but they feed them, give them medical care, disciple them in Christ and train them as leaders. What we are giving to is so much more than just an education.
Tickets will be on sale as of Sunday, September 2nd for $15 per person at church and online. It will cover all costs, including food, rentals and gifts (yes, you get a gift!). Also a portion of the proceeds will go to Children’s Cup. SO GET IN QUICK BECAUSE THE TICKETS WILL GO FAST!!! Dress is “come as you are”… so work clothes, to cocktail, to vintage, to casual. Just be yourself. We are meeting at 359 Broadway #2 between Franklin & Leonard.
Hope to see you all there!!!
email: [email protected]
P.S. if you are STILL wondering who we are as the Liberty Sisterhood and what this is all about, read this… It is our declaration.
Liberty Sisterhood Declaration…
- We are a community of healthy, strong, tender, fierce, focused and free women who know who we are in Christ.
- We are a community of women who live on purpose with purpose who will accomplish every ounce of what God has called us to do.
- We are a community of women determined to be the hands and feet of Jesus to a lost and dying world… Carriers of truth, freedom and LOVE.
- We are a community of women united as one, believing the best in one another, and committed to pray for one another as we walk through every season of life together.
- We are a community of women who realize we are a part of a bigger global picture of women across the earth who are rising up in strength and taking their place.
- We are a community of women who recognize that countless women have gone before us and paved a way… So now it’s our turn…